Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Totally "Fort Worth" It!


Hermana Kelsey 5:2 -email-
Mama,
 
Hola! Como esta? Como fue su semana? (How was your week?) Yo espero que todo esta bien. (I hope that everything is okay.)
 
We had kind of hard week this week. But I know that that means that this coming week will be that much better. :)
 
Monday: It was p-day. We didn't really do anything fun, because we still don't have miles to use. But we did get in a couple of good lessons. One of our investigators, Leticia, has a really cute little girl named Sadie, who is like 6. She was sitting in the room while we were reading from the BoM with her, and she was brushing the dog's hair. She walked out of the room and then came over to me. She told me that she wanted to brush my hair too, so she ended up brushing my hair for like 20 minutes. It was really cute. And it felt really good. 
 
Tuesday: We rode the bus for most of the day. Sister Summers got a really bad sunburn from standing out in the sun waiting for the bus. I got a little bit burned, but not bad at all. I'm starting to get a really good tan (well farmer's tan). I'm hoping that when I can speak Spanish, I can tell people I'm from Mexico and they will actually believe me. :) We had a really fun dinner with one of our member families. The mom and the dad are both deployed right now so the grandparents are watching the two little boys while they are gone. They one boy is 7 and the other is 5. The one that is 5 (his name is Alex), always tells us the most random things. While we were eating dinner, everyone was talking, but then it got quiet. All of the sudden we hear him from the other room say, "When I am 6, they better say surprise!" It was so cute and funny. And also really random, but that is just how he is. Also, I was kind of sad this day, because our branch president's brother and sister came out on exchange with us for the last time. They are leaving for Mexico Wednesday, for a couple months. :(
 
Wednesday: We were supposed to have district meeting today, but Sister Summers and I decided to be rebels and not go. :) I'm just kidding. She had a doctor's appointment up in Waco at the same time district meeting was going on. On the way up to district meeting the elders were all quoting random movies in a Sean Connery voice. It was seriously one of the funniest things ever. They quoted like kid's movies, and they sounded so weird. I think you had to have been there. Also, another random thing. We went to go visit our baptismal date, and he was wearing a really funny shirt. It said "Bromance", and it had two football players doing a chest bump. The thing that made it the funniest though, was that he didn't even know what it said. He asked us what it meant but we didn't know how to explain it without it being awkward. It was pretty funny though.
 
Thursday: It was planning day. We spend most of the day in our apartment, as usual, but we had made an appointment to go see an investigator so we had to ride the bus to go see her. After we got off the bus, we were walking along talking about if we wanted to go talk to some people standing outside of their house. All of the sudden this crazy dog came out of nowhere at us. It was a mama dog that thought we were a threat, and she almost attacked us. She was barking really loud, and showing us her teeth. But she just ran away when she got like 5 feet away. Then, as we started walking again, I broke my shoe. the strap just ripped right off. It was sad. Then, the bus driver yelled at us. He is not a very nice man, and he is racist and sexist. But oh well.
 
Friday: I was feeling really sick today. We spent a lot of time driving around to see people who weren't even home. It was kind of a bust day. But then we had a Noche de Hogar (Family Home Evening) with a family from the ward, and it was really good. We all got the giggles really bad during the closing hymn, but other than that it was a really good FHE.
 
Saturday: We had another BAPTISM!!! One of our investigators, Jesus, got baptized in the evening. It was a very strange baptism. He is an older guy (like 64), and he didn't understand how the baptism actually happened. When our ward mission leader went to put him back in the water, he kept fighting him because he didn't want to go backwards. It was so awkward. And then he had to get baptized again, because his given name really isn't Jesus. It J. Carmen. So we had to refill the font, and baptize him again. It was crazy. But now he is baptized. :)
 
Sunday: We only had 2 investigators at church. :( Usually we have like between 7 and 12 investigators. It was sad. But we got a few good lessons in, and our recent convert Antonio (my other baptism), came out on exchange with us and taught part of the lesson. He is so cool. He really is a different person than the one I met my first day in Temple.
 
Monday: We had p-day activity in Waco. Also, I am on companion exchange with Sister Crossan, who doesn't speak any spanish. It's crazy because I have to say everything, and some of the time I don't know how to say it. But I can definitely speak more than I could a couple months ago, so that's good to know. Also, yesterday we got locked out of our van. We ended up having to call a locksmith to get us in. It was okay though. Heavenly Father was watching out for us. Also we got to watch some fireworks out the window of the Killeen sister's apartment. It was cool.
 
Anyway, I better go now. I love you lots. Te amo mucho! :)
 
Love, Hermana Kelsey

Papi,
 
Wow congratulations on the roof! I'm glad it is finally getting fixed, and that you are getting lots of help. :) That is really awesome. Sorry this is so short. I accidetnally took to long to write the rest of this email. :( But, i love you. I'll talk to you next Monday. :) Bye.
 
Love, Hermana 

Emmyaurus Rex,
 
I am not writing you anything because I have still not received a letter from you. JK. But seriously, I have to go because I still need to write to President Sagers, and I'm almost out of time. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment