Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Roof is Done!!!

Before! 
See the shingles curling?
 They need to go bye-bye!!
My hard working darlin!!
What an amazing man! 
He can do anything!
We have such great neighbors, 
friends, and family!!! 
Thursday evening we had lots of help tearing off the old shingles! It's a dirty job!
We had big people and little people helping!
Everett and Parker! My buddies!
It was starting to get dark so they had to quit for the night. 
We borrowed a trailer from
 one of our neighbors, for the dead shingles! 
May they "rest in peace!"
The next morning lots more help!
My friend Krissy, 
and her son Tyler, and husband Tom. 
They are amazing!! 
This little guy wanted to help so bad. 
This is Jacob, 
he lives next door. 
He was helping put the 
shingles in the trailer! What a helper!!
The roofing supplier delivering the shingles and stuff!
It's pretty slick! They have a conveyer type machine that sends the supplies and shingles up to the top of the roof. The shingle bundles weigh about 80 pounds each. In the old days these guys would carry them on their shoulders, up a ladder. I'm glad we didn't have to do that. 
Can you see the hole? It was leaking below the swamp cooler. Ouch!! My darlin had done a patch job, but it really just needed to be re-done.
My brother Keith helping! He was a hard worker too!
Starting to put the shingles on!!
My job was keeping them fed and hydrated!! 
Taking our last load to the transfer station. We took 3 loads total!
Taking a water brake!
Almost done!
I love it! It's beautiful!!
Beautiful!!
Thanks to Riley, Emily, Keith, Krissy, Tom, Tyler, Chad, Parker, Don, Autumn, Nathan, Jacob, Robert, Everett, Cragun, Brad, Alex, Chase, James, John, Wayne, Kent, Joseph, Danny, Justin, David, Jacob, Darwin, Devin, Mark, Howard, Annette (yummy brownies), Kent and Terri (popsicles), for your help!
(If I forgot to mention you, please forgive me) 
You are all heaven sent! 

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you that you now have a leak-proof roof. I love the picture of me with my muscles that are sagging under my arms. I was even flexing! Thanks for sharing. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete