Saturday, July 9, 2011

Diet Dr. Pepper!

So I don't know if I told you, but I teach the 
ladies in 
Relief Society
 now. It's a little different than teaching the kids in 
Primary. 
They hold still and they raise their hands when they want to talk. Also, they don't have to tell you what they've been doing, 
or the dirt on their family 
for the first 10 minutes of class. 
Funny! 
Anyway, I was talking about 
tithes and offerings. 
It was a good lesson for me to prepare. 
I understand the topic, but we all need reminders, 
about why we do the things we do. I shared a quote by C.S. Lewis (you can read it here). 
What a great man. So, as I'm teaching, I say something to the effect of, 
"Can we give more? 
Do we buy things we don't really need? 
Like I say to myself, 
'Do I really need this 
Diet Dr. Pepper?'"
 After which all the ladies are laughing. It is true though! I have a struggle with this. Well, a few days later, my friend Tricia shows up at the front door. 
She is holding a case of 
Diet Dr. Pepper
I just busted up laughing, because the box says, "Joy, For Medicinal Purposes", with a smiley face. She went on to say that someone she loved used to use that excuse about liquor. So, funny!! I guess we all have a vice of some kind. And mine is
Diet Dr. Pepper!! 
I'll keep working on it, though!
*****
*singing* 
I'm a Pepper, You're a Pepper, He's a Pepper, She's a Pepper, wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too? Dr. Pepper! Drink Dr. Pepper!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment