Friday, October 22, 2010

Family History Friday (FHF): Journals!

Every person should keep a journal 
and every person can keep a journal. 
It should be an enlightening one and should bring great blessings and happiness to the families. If there is anyone who isn't doing so, will you repent today and change --change your life?  Spencer W. Kimball Ensign -May 1979.

-------------------------------------------------------

I found a funny journal entry from one of my journals I thought I'd share with you. The date is July 16, 1977.
I was 15 years old.
***
"I will probably never go cherry picking again. We picked from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm and I only made $3.40. My friend Trudy made $5.20, because she had a whole crate more than me. I was so beat when I got home, I was almost asleep on my feet. Me and Trudy were gonna ride the bus from where we were picking cherries  home, and we ended up in another city. I had to call my mom to come and get us and bring us home. After Trudy left, I slept till 10:00 pm, then I woke up took a shower and wrote this in my journal. At least I know what it's like to pick cherries, and I'll probably never do it again!"
***
I haven't always written in my journal. And I don't always do it now, but I am always glad that I did write the things I have written. Years later, it means so much to me. I have to believe it will mean something to someone else. Imagine my grand kids reading, about me cherry picking and laughing, about the way I describe it or how little money I made. If you haven't written in a journal yet, try it. I is an experience you won't regret, and neither will you posterity.
---------------
 Theodore M. Burton counseled: “As a people we ought to write of our own lives and our own experiences to form a sacred record for our descendants. We must provide for them the same uplifting, faith-promoting strength that the ancient scriptures now give us” (Ensign, Jan. 1977).
----------------------------------
Happy Family History Friday! Love, Joy 

No comments:

Post a Comment