Friday, February 5, 2010

Happy Birthday, Daddy!!

This is the sweetest, funniest, most tender hearted and loving man!
This is my Dad!
He has always been there for me when I need advice and counsel. He has led, and continues to lead, a life full of integrity and goodness. Years ago, my Daddy started to take me on a date once a month, just me and him. We go to dinner, and talk. We share our days and life experiences together. Sometimes, I tell him what I think he should do in a certain situation. He tells me what he thinks about what's going on in my life. Sometimes we talk about my children, and what they're doing or a hard thing they're going through. He gets big tears in his eyes, and can't even speak. I love that the older he's gotten, the more tender he is. I love him so much. I hope someday to be half the person he is. I will just keep doing the things he has taught me to do, both in word and through his example. Thanks Daddy for being such a great Dad, for your wonderful example, and for always being there for me.
Happy Birthday!!!!!!
OXOX

1 comment:

  1. Wishing your Dad the very Happiest of Birthdays~even though I am late.Thanks for sharing this happy day with us.May he live 100 years ...
    Brightest Blessings
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete