Saturday, January 9, 2010

Lessons from the Mountain!


Another lessen learned while climbing this beautiful mountain.
God is in the details!
My husband and I climbed this mountain back in 1999. While climbing we stopped a lot to rest, mostly because of me. My sweetheart is an athlete. While resting we looked at everything; the view, the sky, the cars that looked like little ants cruising around, the rocks, the trees and other plants. One thing that I remember thinking is how much we miss when we don't stop and look. Everything that was created by God down to the smallest detail is amazing. For example, a pinecone. Have you ever just looked at the intricate details of a pinecone? The leaves on each tree, including the pine needles are so beautiful. Or the flowers. There were all different kinds of wildflowers on the hike, most of them I had never seen or noticed before.
Notice the heart shaped petals on the flower below. That's Heavenly Father saying, "I love you and I want you to know it!"

The first thought that I always have is, 'this was no accident, there is a kind and wonderful Father in heaven who loves us!'  He put so much time and attention into the smallest detail of everything He has blessed us with. I think if we all slowed down a little, in our fast paced life and really looked, we would all find God in the details. I know He is real, and that He loves us. He is blessing us all, constantly. Even the hard or challenging things we go through are a blessing if realize that we learned something new and we're a better person once the challenge is past. Look for God in your life, He is there. When you notice how He has blessed you, Thank Him.  Love, Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment